So, as I'm writing this, the countdown to the big dance is 4 days 8 hrs and some change. Yikes! Both very excited and very nervous - especially nervous as I try to finalize and coordinate all my gear. It is absolutely overwhelming to me how much STUFF we need to have. I won't bore you with all the details, but its FIVE PAGES (normal 8.5x11 size) of required gear! If you're really curious, here's the list: www.ecoprimalquest.com/docs/pq-2008-mandatory-gear-list.pdf
Ok, enough of my whining about the gear. Tonight, I did a little last minute check of my climbing gear to make sure that things are set up ok. It was good that I did because I found several things that needed to be adjusted. It was also good to do this because I have a bit of a fear of heights. Hmmm, this climbing thing could be interesting. :-) Actually, after a couple of rappels and climbs, I felt much better about the whole thing and my legs stopped shaking. LOL!
Today is a big day of packing and then I drive up to MT on Friday...
Despite being nearly consumed by the last minute things to prepare for the race, I've been thinking quite a bit about why I'm doing the race, what is important in life, and a few other "deeper" subjects. More to come soon - after my gear is packed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Becky:
I wish you and your team mates all the best at PQ. You are going to an incredibly beautiful place. One that would give me energy. You've trained your butt off and I'm certain you are more than ready for the adventure. Take care of yourself...
-Larry
It was also good to do this because I have a bit of a fear of heights. Hmmm, this climbing thing could be interesting. :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol ya u will get over that once ur geared up and with the team...Beck kick some ass and ENJOY the adventure SOOO excited for you and I am going to call you on ur cell later on today... GAME ON Chica :-)
Post a Comment