On the first day of the trip, we did a little journey through Cave Stream, hiked to Avalanche peak near Arthur's Pass, and did a bit of bouldering/playing at Castle Hill.
This is "Cave Stream" - a must do, along the way from Christchurch up to Arthur's pass. It's a cave with a stream running through it (hence the obvious name!). Water up to waist deep at times, headlamp definitely required, awesome!
This is me, close to the entrance of the cave, while I was still trying to avoid getting soaked. :-) I eventually gave up and jumped in the FREEZING cold water!
Group photo at Castle Hill - a popular bouldering area & fun place to play around!
We did so many very spectacular outdoor adventures (which you'll hear more about soon) and I had a fantastic time with my great friends Jared & Ryan. Also, very important to me, I had some good solo time to ponder a bunch of things. The combination of these two aspects made this a very special journey for me. I really needed a break to re-focus things in my life and to help me reset priorities. One thing I want to to work on this year is to find opportunities to make positive and meaningful impacts in other people's lives. I've really been very lucky in my life and I want to find a way to make a more productive impact in this place we call home. ...maybe this will be through adventures or volunteering or something work-related or through a combination of a lot of things. Its time to start making some changes though! If you have any ideas or thoughts on this, I'd love to hear from you!


4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful trip, looking forward to hearing more about it in the comming days. Welcome back, and glad you returned safely.
Welcome Back to the States and glad u came back and didn't stay I know it was a tough decision :-)
Sounds amazing so far and look forward to more stories and pics.
Happy New Year & best wishes in finding a way to give back more, a very awesome way to live!
Welcome Miss Becks-an adventure of a lifetime que no?cant wait to here about it and see you at GTR or sooner?
Wow! What an incredible adventure! I ALWAYS wanted to go to New Zealand. It's on my life list and I may get there sooner than I think. I just want to hop on a plane to Auckland, get in a car, and head straight for the South Island and play!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time and the time you did have to yourself is priceless. I wish you the best! Take Care...
Post a Comment